My inspiration was the 2009 New York Triathlon. All those people doing the unthinkable—specifically, jumping into the Hudson River. It just grossed me out. That water must be super toxic; I expected to find them glowing as they emerged from their swim.

Instead, I saw myself. Not then, not now, but soon. And I started thinking...

You see, I am not an athlete. Never have been. Most of my adult life I have been five or ten pounds away from the perfect weight. Two pregnancies sixteen months apart did not make matters any better. Hey, I love my little guys and treasure all the gifts they bestow upon me. Do I love what bringing them into the world did to my body? No, I do not!

So, I am keeping a journal of my adventure and sharing all that I learn along the way. Hey, I can even contribute some useful information. You see, I am a health coach. I already know some stuff...

Tuesday, December 1, 2009


Woo-hoo! We were timed on 100 meters in swim class last night. I shaved 20 seconds off my time! Okay, I'm not exactly fast to begin with, so most of you will not be impressed with my 2:24 finish. But I am! My swimming was strong, my breathing was steady, and my form was good through the whole thing. And, I was not the last one in! I am improving...

2 comments:

  1. sounds like progress! fast or not you are going in the right direction!! how are your other workouts going?? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm feeling pretty good about it. The holiday celebrations are getting in the way of routine, but I am determined to keep going. What about you?

    ReplyDelete