My inspiration was the 2009 New York Triathlon. All those people doing the unthinkable—specifically, jumping into the Hudson River. It just grossed me out. That water must be super toxic; I expected to find them glowing as they emerged from their swim.

Instead, I saw myself. Not then, not now, but soon. And I started thinking...

You see, I am not an athlete. Never have been. Most of my adult life I have been five or ten pounds away from the perfect weight. Two pregnancies sixteen months apart did not make matters any better. Hey, I love my little guys and treasure all the gifts they bestow upon me. Do I love what bringing them into the world did to my body? No, I do not!

So, I am keeping a journal of my adventure and sharing all that I learn along the way. Hey, I can even contribute some useful information. You see, I am a health coach. I already know some stuff...

Friday, November 20, 2009

I just came back from an overnight trip to Boston. Chele and I wrote a great workshop about nutrient-dense foods that hit your system like a Mack truck - well, maybe not a Mack truck... that would kill you. These superfoods are like rocket fuel for your body and massively improve endurance and performance; perfect for the multisport athlete. How does "Superfoods as Performance Fuel" sound for a title? I also like "Rocket Fuel Nutrition."

Now I need to figure out where we should do the workshops. I am thinking this would be great for triathlon clubs, gyms and sporting goods stores. I wonder if JackRabbit Sports would be interested...

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff - very helpful as I start my own training later this month. Marathon, here I come (I hope)...

    ReplyDelete